Coffee makers are a must have item in the household of caffeine lovers. If you’re one of those people who can’t go a day without a cup of coffee then the Chemex 10-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker will carve a wide grin on your face. Before I dig deep into the details about this product, I’d like to inform you that this machine has a rating of nearly 5 stars in Amazon.com which makes it the most desired item on the shopping list of almost every coffee drinker.
Chemex 10-Cup Classic Series Glass Coffee Maker Review 2016
Now you may wonder what exactly makes this coffee maker stand out from the thousands of other machines that serve the same purpose. Well, outstanding doesn’t even begin to describe to this product. Here’s a list of specifications that will give you a superficial idea about its superiority.
1) A polished wood collar with a leather tie
2) Measures 5 oz as 1 cup
3) Uses high quality Chemex filters
4) Capacity 50 oz
5) Product dimensions: 5.2 x 5.2 x 9.2 inches
6) Weight: 2 pounds
7) Hourglass shaped flask made of chemically inert glass
What’s good about the Chemex Coffee Maker?
Well the answer to this question is, “Pretty much everything”. Let’s start off with the appearance. The aesthetic beauty of this product earned itself a spot in the Illinois Institute of Technology’s list of the 100 best designed products of modern times.
To get this pretty pot rolling, all you have to do is add in some filtered water, freshly ground home roasted beans and viola! With these basic ingredients, the Chemex will provide you with the finest cup of coffee you may ever taste. Despite the fact that this Chemex brews the best coffee you’ll ever drink, it costs less than just about anything. As a matter of fact, it has a relatively low price of $42.95. You are probably already spending more money than this every month at Starbucks.
As you’d expect, the Chemex has a couple of distinct advantages over other brewing systems. Firstly, the high quality Chemex filter does a tremendous job of preventing your coffee from tasting bitter. On top of that, this coffee machine does not require electricity. As long as you can boil the water, Chemex is fully functional.
What’s not so good about the Chemex Coffee Maker?
Unfortunately, this magnificent coffee brewing system isn’t perfect. Here are three major drawbacks that any purchaser of this product should consider.
- Time: it does take 5 – 10 minutes of labor to get the morning cup of coffee.
- Cones: you can’t run over to Wal-Mart when you use the last filter; you need to find a specialty store or go online, which means you need to plan ahead.
- Cold Coffee: no electric hot plate (thank god) means coffee not poured and consumed immediately gets cold quickly. You can buy a wire guard and a glass lid so your Chemex can be warmed on the stovetop. I think that’s more labor added to an already laborious endeavor. Just have a warmed thermos ready and use that to store any unused coffee.
Is the Chemex a good buy?
The supreme features of the Chemex dwarf its drawbacks. Therefore, it can be said without a shadow of a doubt that spending $42.95 on this coffee maker will be one of the wisest shopping decisions you’ll ever make.